Search site

Breaks for Carers of Adults

Find out about respite services available to carers who want a break from their caring role in the knowledge that their loved ones will continue to be looked after.

Contact Carer Support
Contact Carer Support
Contact the Carer Support Team to discuss the types of breaks that may be available in your local area. There is currently no charge for carers support services in Wolverhampton. From April 2015 under the Care Act, all carers will be entitled to have a Carers Assessment.

Types of care available for your loved ones

Home-based respite

Home-based respite is a carers service which happens in the home. A carer, either from Agincare or employed via Direct Payments stays with the cared for person to enable the carer to have a break from their caring role. Currently Wolverhampton City Council employs Agincare, to deliver the home-based respite service.


Residential respite 

These breaks are delivered in a residential setting where the cared for person may have regular short stays to give the carer a break. These breaks are subject to a charge to the cared for person calculated under the Charging for Residential Accommodation guide (CRAG). The Carer Support Team  details are published on the Wolverhampton Information Directory (WIN) website.

 and a Community Care Assessment will need to be completed.

Continuing Health Care

For more information about Continuing Health Care Funding contact Wolverhampton Clinical Commissioning Group at Wolverhampton Science Park, Technology Centre, Glaisher Drive, Wolverhampton, WV10 9RU. Email or call 01902 444878.